Ponds & Waterfalls
The rushing sounds of a waterfall, the serenity of a babbling brook or the majesty of a formal fountain can be the centerpiece or the finishing touch to your personal paradise. From spascapes to ponds, Scapes & Stones utilizes the therapeutic, relaxing and often romantic effects of water.
Different Kinds of Waterfalls
The design we can create for your garden is only limited by your imagination. There are many styles available, and we can help you choose the best match for your existing landscape. Some of the popular styles of waterfalls that we have built for our clients in Las Vegas include:
- Wall Waterfall - Nothing compares to the aesthetic and emotional impact of water flowing down a wall. Wall waterfalls add an interesting dimension to any wall surface. They look like rainwater cascading down a glass encasement.
- Pondless Waterfall – This is a waterfall that re-circulates water without a visible pond. The pond or reservoir is actually hidden or covered by stones, creating an effect of magically disappearing water. This water feature is great for families with young children or for those who don’t want the hassle and the cost associated with pond maintenance.
- Waterfall with Streams – If you want a more complete ecosystem as found in nature, this type is a good option for you. It features water cascading down rocks to a visible pond at the bottom.
Types of Ponds for Your Landscape
Like waterfalls, ponds can turn an outdoor space into a personal sanctuary. The sight and the sound of a well-designed pond provide a calming and relaxing effect on people. These water features are also great focal points to any garden. Here are some of the types that most of our clients prefer:
- Garden Ponds – These water features do not only add visual interest to a backyard, they are also beneficial to the environment. They also replicate the ecology of small water bodies and so can support wildlife habitat. They contain fish and plants and soon attract other animals, such as dragonflies and amphibians. They can be designed and built in all sizes and shapes.
- Koi Ponds – Koi ponds are designed to hold koi fishes. These brightly colored Japanese ornamental carp are popular for hobbyist, but they are also preferred by most of our clients from North Las Vegas, Spring Valley, Winchester, and Boulder City.
- Fountain Ponds – These ponds feature a fountain jet spraying water into the air. The movements in the ponds created by falling water oxygenate the ponds, while people find the sounds created to be relaxing.
Your Waterscaping Specialist in Nevada
We regard ponds and waterfalls as art pieces that should complement your existing landscape design. Whether you want a water feature for pure enjoyment, to improve the looks of your garden, or to increase the value of your property, Scapes and Stones will make it as natural looking as possible. Our water feature designers take inspirations from nature and recreate them in your garden. At the same time, we use state-of-the-art equipment and installation materials to ensure it will last for years with minimum maintenance.
Like hardscape installations, a water feature should have a good foundation to ensure its safety and durability. At Scapes and Stones, our knowledgeable and experienced engineers leave no stone unturned when building ponds and waterfalls. You will surely enjoy your water feature for many years to come.
Call us now for any questions about our water feature designs and installation services.
Click on the images below to view a larger display.